Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Meco is a focused consulting engineering firm providing civil, geotechnical, hydrotechnical and project management services to both public and private sector clients. Meco is currently seeking an Engineering Technician (Civil 3D Tech./ AutoCAD Operator) to join its team in Dartmouth, NS. This is a full-time, salaried position which reports directly to the Manager - Technical Services.
You will be responsible for the completion of engineering, drafting/design and mapping work in support of ongoing projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare new, and modify existing, drawings based upon sketches, notes, and specifications furnished by engineers, designers, and surveyors
- Prepare plans/profiles, cross-sections, quantity calculations, grading and complete any required fixes to general mark ups
- Produce working civil/structural, electrical and mechanical drawings/designs that meet project scope and within deadlines
- Drawing revision control, document filing, and other related project work
- Create and/or modify internal and client CAD standards
- Field work and support for construction activities
The successful candidate will have:
- Two (2) years’ experience in an AutoCAD operating role with a demonstrated knowledge of civil/structural engineering and the construction process
- Certified Technician or Certified Engineering Technologist designation is an asset
- Experience reading/interpreting blueprints and schematic drawings
- Proficient 2D and 3D AutoCAD
- ArcGIS and LIDAR handling capabilities considered an asset
- Knowledge of surveying considered an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of civil works, mapping and structures
- Highly organized with superior time management skills
- Detail oriented and be self-motivated
- Quick learner with excellent logical thinking and problem-solving skills
Large engineering firms strive to make you feel important and valued...At Small Firms you ARE Important and Valued.
Why Choose to Work at Meco:
Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to shape the business
Technical Freedom to Explore and Develop “Your” Design Ideas
Progressive Flexible Work Day policy, you choose the hours that work for you!
Small company and a tight-knit group.
Exposure to complex projects that challenge you to go to the next level.
Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, training and development opportunities, and an RRSP matching program.
Meco Cares – Two Employer Paid Volunteer Days Per Year
To learn more about Meco, please visit www.mecoengineers.com
How to Apply:
If this exciting opportunity is one you would like to discuss, please forward your résumé and cover letter addressed to Meco’s President (Perry Mitchelmore) in confidence to Power HR. For further information, please contact Susan Power at 902-487-2361
- Approachability: We are approachable and responsive to the needs of our clients, suppliers, the public and each other. We are responsive and maintain an open-door policy for those who need us.
- Fidelity: We are loyal. We lead a balanced life, maintaining balance between the needs of the company and our own needs.
- Ingenuity: We are inventive, resourceful and clever in the workplace. We understand that ordinary can be made extraordinary with simple acts. We strive to put the sizzle in our steaks!
- Integrity: We have the courage to say “Yes” only when we know we should, and to say “No” at all other times. We are truthful and honest with ourselves and others.
- Empathy: We vicariously experience and understand the feelings, thoughts and attitudes of our clients and each other. We walk a mile in others shoes every day.
- Adaptability / Flexibility: We have the capacity to change. We accept that unexpected disturbances will occur and are ready to adjust ourselves to new situations and conditions. We acknowledge that our ability to adapt to change impacts our effectiveness.
- Empowerment: We “try” to empower the individual to be all they can be by encouraging creativity and ingenuity. We understand our abilities and set appropriate boundaries.
- Decision Making: We are effective problem solvers. We understand the importance of deciding and moving forward. We proactively solicit traditional as well as the most up-to-date information, methods, and means to support these decisions. We will not let perfection hinder us from achieving good enough.
We thank all interested candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Power HR Inc.
At Power HR, we believe that the right talent is a game changer, and results in business success. We show organizations how to create a culture of Inspired Leadership™ that focuses on coaching and retaining talent and recruiting the right talent for your culture. When you get leadership and retention right, your organization becomes a talent magnet. To get ideas on how to increase your organization’s leadership capability, check out our podcast https://anchor.fm/inspired-leadership.
Thank you for considering Meco. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Meco. is committed to the principle of diversity and inclusion in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. We welcome applications from Women, Persons with Disabilities, Aboriginals, and Visible Minorities.